Club moves from the old to the new
Now located at 40 Birchley Road in Yangebup, the new facility features synthetic greens for lawn bowls, fenced soccer pitches for five-a-side games, a sand area suitable for beach volleyball and mini-football courts. The facility opened to the public on 1 September 2018.
The total cost of the project was $9.5M, with over $4.5M sourced from the National Stronger Regions Fund grant from the Commonwealth Government.
The new Bowling and Recreation Facility is accessible from Birchley Road and includes:
- 2 synthetic bowling greens (one covered) with outdoor lighting and spectator shelters
- 2 soccer pitches with outdoor lighting
- 4 beach volleyball courts (available for community hire/ membership)
- Mini-football courts
- Multi-purpose community facility with kitchen, dining room, activity and function room (available for community hire)
- Members section with bar and darts
- Meeting and office rooms
- Change rooms and toilets
- Carpark – 150 car bays including accessible car bays
- Grassed area with playground.